Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: help identifying a coin  (Read 279 times)

daenerys30

help identifying a coin
« on: March 04, 2012, 11:11:14 am »
I need help identifying a coin my father gave to me 25 years ago. The front has a bust of a women with her hair in a bun the back has a figure walking or standing. If anybody can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Offline Ryan C

• Caesar
  • FESTINA LENTE
Re: help identifying a coin
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 05:08:00 pm »
I would look in the 1st and 2nd centuries A.D. This looks like a Sestertius from that era. Maybe Lucilla?
Ryan Collins, happy member of the Forvm.

Offline Ryan C

• Caesar
  • FESTINA LENTE
Re: help identifying a coin
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 05:32:39 pm »
I would look in the 1st and 2nd centuries A.D. This looks like a Sestertius from that era. Maybe Lucilla?
or maybe Faustina Jr.?
Ryan Collins, happy member of the Forvm.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity