Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Cambridge Journal of Roman Studies  (Read 1357 times)

Offline Optimo Principi

• Caesar
Cambridge Journal of Roman Studies
« on: October 13, 2012, 11:31:38 am »
Cambridge Journal of Roman Studies articles now free online here... http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displaySpecialArticle?jid=JRS&bespokeId=4532

A wealth of articles on a wide variety of topics.

Offline Mat

• Caesar
  • Ancient Coin Addict
Re: Cambridge Journal of Roman Studies
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 11:46:33 am »
Thanks for the link!
MY GALLERY

MJB Ancients

Offline Andrew McCabe

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My website on Roman Republican Coins and Books, with 2000 coins arranged per Crawford
Journal of Roman Studies online
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 11:57:53 am »
Cambridge Journal of Roman Studies articles now free online here... http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displaySpecialArticle?jid=JRS&bespokeId=4532

A wealth of articles on a wide variety of topics.

Thanks for the links!

Confusing I know, but so far as I am aware, the Journal of Roman Studies (JRS) has nothing to do with Cambridge or with Cambridge University. The JRS is the journal of the Roman Society which is firmly based in London (centred around the University of London). The "Cambridge" in the title refers to the fact that Cambridge University is digitally hosting a lot of online journals (with permission of their publishers of course). If I could make an analogy, were they to host back issues of the New York Times on the same website, we would not call it the "Cambridge New York Times"!

The JRS has a wealth of important articles on ancient coinage, but coinage perhaps accounts for only one or two article per year so it's great to see it published online like this.

Offline David Atherton

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
  • The meaning of life can be found in a coin.
    • Flavian Fanatic Blog
Re: Cambridge Journal of Roman Studies
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 06:37:46 pm »
A tremendous resource for those who can't access JSTOR.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity