Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: help with a coin  (Read 245 times)

daenerys30

help with a coin
« on: March 03, 2012, 09:08:34 pm »
I got this coin from my father when I was a kid. There is not much to it. The front of the coin is the profile of a woman with her hair in a bun. The back of the coin is a figure or a statue. It is bronze, I think, and not perfectly round. It has some good weight to it. I am having trouble posting a picture to this message but anything to point me in the right direction would be great.

Offline Bamba123

• Caesar
Re: help with a coin
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 10:05:29 pm »
Post a picture, diameter and weight
If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1844

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 10:14:18 pm »
Woman's hair in a bun...sounds like one of the Faustina's to me, but we really need a picture.

Offline Marti Vltori

• Consul
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 10:44:56 pm »
Definitely need a picture to be sure but does sound like Faustina. Probably Faustina Jr. And any number of reverses; Venus, Juno Ceres among others.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity