FORVM ANCIENT COINS
To the glory that was Greece
And the grandeur that was Rome
Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. Put your mouse on a coin in the RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS to see the the price. Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Uncleaned Ancient Coin Discussion  |  Topic: Alixski - Before 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alixski - Before  (Read 1100 times)
Alixski
Praetorian

« on: January 31, 2012, 09:46:09 am »

Pretty excited with this lot. I'm still a newbie but I'll start by soaking these coins in distilled water for a few days. Trying not to join the "Dark side" but the idea of electricity to clean coins is kinda cool Smiley

Going clockwise, starting top left
A-14.34mm 0.6g Roman
B-18.95mm 1.8g Constantius II? soldier spearing fallen Persian horseman
C-17.47mm 3.2g Macedonia, 320BC or later AE17; Bows and Clubs B A = ΒΑΣΙΛΕΩΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝ∆ΡΟΥ (Alexander the Great?) like this->http://www.forumancientcoins.com/catalog/roman-and-greek-coins.asp?radd=1&vpar=18&zpg=68512
D-18.31mm 7.2g Probus?; Eagle with wreath between two letters "E" and "Δ"
E-20.28mm 7.9g

Shhh I am Coincentrating
rapre
Consul

I want to be a coinnoisseur

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 01:41:51 pm »

pretty good preliminary attributions.  Joe was kind to you!  Stay away from electrolysis unless all else has failed, and even then!

Raymond
(Tetricus is not a game)
Bdsn
Praetorian

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 11:49:38 am »

Wow, nice group.  C looks pretty cool, will be nice to see how it turns out.  Have fun!

Justin
Masis
Caesar

Constantine IV

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 07:06:52 pm »

C & E will require "more work" but do not use electrolysis. The other coins have less work to be done... D will be easy, and will look great afterwards.

"He who gives himself airs of importance, exhibits the credentials of impotence". ~ Decimus Laberius, 46 BCE
Dino
Procurator Caesaris
Quaestor
Caesar

Anyone have change for a hemidrachm?

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 07:27:45 am »

Bump.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Uncleaned Ancient Coin Discussion  |  Topic: Alixski - Before « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop