Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Please call if you have questions 252-646-1958. Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Forum (Moderator: Dr. Danny S. Jones)  |  Topic: Dr. Paul Rynearson 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dr. Paul Rynearson  (Read 2686 times)
paul1888
Praetorian

« on: August 09, 2012, 10:25:16 pm »

I learned today that Dr. Paul Rynearson has passed away.  (There is a dedication in the September Goldberg auction catalog) I am not sure of the exact date.  I have purchased a couple of coins from Dr. Rynearson and also corresponded with him and he kindly replied to my questions, no matter how ignorant they probably sounded. I personally think his passing is a great loss to the numismatic community.  He was working on a book on Roman coin collecting.  I am not sure he finished it, but I hope so.

Paul 
Steve E
Caesar

My favorite Forvm purchase, so far!

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 11:50:06 pm »

I'm so sorry to hear this.

I also purchased one of my favorite coins from him (below).

http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-67507

As well as his book "Collecting Ancient Greek Coins", published by Whitman, which he graciously signed for me Smiley A very well written introduction to collecting Greek coins!

I didn't know about the Roman book he was working on. If anyone knows more about it I would like to know.

He was also very kind in his correspondence with me! I will miss him as well!

~Steve

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Forum (Moderator: Dr. Danny S. Jones)  |  Topic: Dr. Paul Rynearson « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop