Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Need help with Photoshop and croping / Joining images  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Aktina

• Praetorian
Need help with Photoshop and croping / Joining images
« on: December 31, 2011, 03:34:45 pm »
When it coems to Photoshop I am a total noob.

Can soemome please post a thread as to how to :

1. Crop coin images into a solid color background in Photoshop

2. Join the two images togther.

Thank you !

I am very frustarted as to how "unfriendly" photoshop is in doing the simplest fo tasks.

(would you believe I design avioinic systems for aerospace, and am having this problem !!!)

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
Re: Need help with Photoshop and croping / Joining images
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 03:37:15 pm »

Offline Aktina

• Praetorian
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 08:24:09 am »
Not to knock on a "gifted horse" but your tutorial assumes much knowledge of Photoshop and Photoshop commands.

I am looking for more of a Step by Step, with pictures and explainations of the commands and menus and such within photoshop.

Does anyone have something like that ?

That would be most helpful to not only me but others also.

Thank you again and Happy New year to all

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 12:00:32 pm »
Sorry about that.  Actually I taught myself.  A great resource is Youtube.  I learned quite a bit about specialized tools there and you can follow along in real time.  What version of Photoshop are you using?  Currently I'm using CS5.

Offline PeterD

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • omnium curiositatum explorator
    • Historia
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 12:41:20 pm »
I have always used Paint Shop Pro for basics such as cropping and re-touching. It serves my needs very well. I had always assumed, given the vast difference in price between it and Photoshop, that Photoshop must be far superior. However, I recently tried out Photoshop and found that it may well be superior but for my needs it is more difficult to use. The cropping function in particular seeems alien to me. One of the problems is that is seems to be orientated towards printing rather than computer screen.
Peter, London

Historia: A collection of coins with their historical context https://www.forumancientcoins.com/historia

Offline dougsmit

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek & Roman Coins
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 08:11:00 pm »
Not to knock on a "gifted horse" but your tutorial assumes much knowledge of Photoshop and Photoshop commands.

I am looking for more of a Step by Step, with pictures and explainations of the commands and menus and such within photoshop.

Does anyone have something like that ?

That would be most helpful to not only me but others also.

Thank you again and Happy New year to all

Try mine?  It is for Photoshop Elements and was done before I got the new version but this has not changed.

http://www.pbase.com/dougsmit/coincombo

Offline Aktina

• Praetorian
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 12:34:42 pm »
Thank you Doug !

That was some good info in that link !

All coins are guaranteed for eternity