Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Probus ruined my vacuum cleaner and it's my fault  (Read 1040 times)

Offline SRukke

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Go ahead, make my day.
    • My gallery. Started January 2009
Probus ruined my vacuum cleaner and it's my fault
« on: December 05, 2011, 11:33:27 pm »
Dropped a nice Probus with emperor on horseback on the rug the other day. Did a cursory search and didn't turn him up anywhere. While taking a nap I heard a loud grinding sound while the wife was vacuuming. I instantly knew who it was. She runs over everything, and I mean everything and then expects me to pull out the socks, rope, hair string etc. Well I told her the last time she sucked up a matchbox car that I wasn't fixing the cleaner anymore.
Now we're at a stalemate. I know my Probus is sucked up into the vacuum cleaner and the belt is broke but I refuse to look. Of course she can't vacuum so she's happy. I'm just being stubborn on principle. But dang it she even sucked up part of my guitar cord a couple days ago and peeled the wrap of the wiring.
Not sure if i can out last her knowing Probus is stranded up there and needs help. What to do.   

Offline ickster

• Caesar
Re: Probus ruined my vacuum cleaner and it's my fault
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 12:26:45 am »
What to do.   

Get hardwood floors and make sure everything is picked up and put away at all times  :tongue:

As for the coin, think of it as an archeological dig and delve into the depths of the machine.

Offline mcbyrne21

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 08:58:01 am »
Probus on horseback is probably my favorite piece in my collection.  Don't think I could leave him.  If it makes you feel better, I've assumed vacuuming duties completely in my house (of course the downside is I have no one to blame when I break the vacuum).

Maybe instead of riding down a captive they should have shown Probus riding down a vacuum cleaner? ;D ;D ;D

SEstiot

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 08:43:47 am »
Probus on horseback is probably my favorite piece in my collection.  Don't think I could leave him.  
Maybe instead of riding down a captive they should have shown Probus riding down a vacuum cleaner? ;D ;D ;D

But they did, dear Mr. McByrne, they did !
And here is the proof. See the cleaning lady who fell on her back and the vacuum cleaner tube behind her? The other victim of Probus's revenge is the slave who didn't take good care of Probus's sacred tableware (see the dish under the horse?). In front of the horse, Victory flying holding  feather duster on the shoulder and brandishing sponge.
Nice coin, isn't it ?
S. Estiot

Offline mcbyrne21

• Consul
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 09:06:46 am »
Hahaha...I love your description  ;D  Very creative.  And yes, that is a great coin!  I like to collect coins with "action" scenes (which Probus seemed to specialize in minting) and that one has to be the best I've seen.  You have me very jealous now ;)

Offline Jochen

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Omnes vulnerant, ultima necat.
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 09:11:14 am »
That I would call a real reverse!

Offline Julianus of Pannonia

• Consul
  • "VICTORIOSO SEMPER"
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 04:14:56 pm »

what a great reverse type!
I have a similar type of this in my collection but without the cleaning lady and vacuum cleaner  ;)

Simon

Offline David M3

• Caesar
  • Retired collect as a hobby
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 07:44:32 pm »
Very nice one of the best rev. I have seen on any roman. I would love to have one for my collection. Nice find.
David V McCallum II

All coins are guaranteed for eternity