Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Geta  (Read 350 times)

Offline David M3

• Caesar
  • Retired collect as a hobby
Geta
« on: November 17, 2011, 03:01:57 pm »
Geta 201AD
Obv. P SEPT GETA CAES PONT, draped bust rt.
Rev. PRINC IVVENT, Geta standing lft. in military attire, holdining branch and inverted spear.
RIC 15a, RSC 159a I am think I have this right would like another opion on the ID not in the best of shape but got it for a good price at $10 US.
David V McCallum II

Offline Legatus

• Consul
Re: Geta
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 03:29:58 pm »
You may be correct, but the bend of the right arm is in a different position then the image I have of RIC 159a.  Perhaps 159b?

Legatus
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=30485

"The evil that men do lives after them; The good is oft interred with their bones"

Offline benito

• Deceased Member
  • Caesar
  • quousque tandem abutere Sadigh pecunia nostra
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 03:42:43 pm »
Mine too. It has the index finger pointing upwards.    ::)

Offline David M3

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 03:50:19 pm »
The coin is in the mail I will get a better photo when I have it in hand. Thank you for the help.
David V McCallum II

Offline David M3

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 10:46:57 am »
I have coin in hand now but I can't compare it because wildwinds does not list and of the 159 series.
David V McCallum II

All coins are guaranteed for eternity