Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Claudius II DIVO CLADIO  (Read 270 times)

Offline David M3

• Caesar
  • Retired collect as a hobby
Claudius II DIVO CLADIO
« on: October 22, 2011, 04:16:19 pm »
I beleive this is RIC 261 var but I thin there is an SC in left and right feilds.
David V McCallum II

Offline cars100

• Caesar
  • felicior Augusto, melior Traiano
Re: Claudius II DIVO CLADIO
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 08:21:27 pm »
Hi David M3;

I do see the "c" at around 3:00 o'clock on your coin, but fail to see the "s".
If you goto WW and look at RIC 261 (2), you will see a similar "c" on that coin as well, although it is not reported in the text of the coins description.
Ray
EDIT: I think you may also have a "Q" in ex. or could be just artifacts :-\  you decide  ;D

http://www.wildwinds.com/coins/ric/claudius_II/RIC_0261_2.jpg
Raymond Carson

Offline David M3

• Caesar
  • Retired collect as a hobby
Re: Claudius II DIVO CLADIO
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 09:43:20 pm »
I think you are right about the C at 3 and no S but the altar is different. Could be another var.
David V McCallum II

All coins are guaranteed for eternity