Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Potential BD  (Read 850 times)

Offline ickster

• Caesar
Potential BD
« on: November 18, 2011, 02:09:59 am »
I've been lucky, or unlucky depending on your point of view, in that the BD I've experienced on my coins has been readily identifiable.  Looking at the close up of this area of a coin with a sand patina, does it look like BD could potentially lurk beneath?

Offline areich

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek and Roman Coins, featuring BMC online and other books
Re: Potential BD
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 04:59:46 am »
I see sand and a slightly damaged patina (cheeks, neck). No BD and I would therefore leave it as it is. As far as I can tell it seems to be an attractive coin.
Andreas Reich

Offline ickster

• Caesar
Re: Potential BD
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 03:25:30 pm »
Areich,

Thanks for confirming what I was thinking. The BD I've experienced has more of an "aqua" colour to it.

E

All coins are guaranteed for eternity