Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Unidentified Greek/Ptomely?  (Read 452 times)

Zeeuwsepiep

Unidentified Greek/Ptomely?
« on: August 27, 2011, 10:16:03 am »
This image on the obverse reminds me of some Ptomely coins I used to have. Any suggestions to its identity will be appreciaed!

Offline rover1.3

• Tribunus Plebis 2012 / Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Re: Unidentified Greek/Ptomely?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 10:27:13 am »
Reminds me of this one, i can't be sure though.
http://www.acsearch.info/ext-record.html?id=232094

Best regards,

rover

Offline Salem Alshdaifat

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • I am coincoholic ,I need help plzzzzz.
    • http://www.vcoins.com/en/stores/athena_numismatics
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 10:36:56 am »
it is not Ptolemy for sure, the obv with Apollo and Athena rev was used in many types, in this coin the rev is not really helping due to condition, but I lean to MYSIA coinage !!
Salem

Zeeuwsepiep

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 02:56:51 am »
Thanks! There's a large cvariety on cities in Mysia. On wildwinds I can't detect a match. I'll keep on searching!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity