Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Book easily available?  (Read 1420 times)

Offline PtolemAE

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • PtolemyBronze.com
    • The PtolemAE Project - Ptolemaic Bronzes
Book easily available?
« on: August 25, 2011, 05:32:35 pm »
Anyone know if:

J. Babelon, Catalogue de la collection de Luynes. Monnaies grecques. I. Italie et Sicile, Paris, 1924; II. Grèce continentale et Iles, Paris, 1925; III. Asie Mineure et Phénicie, Paris, 1930; IV. Syrie, Égypte, Cyrénaïque, Maurétanie, Zeugitane, Numidie, Paris, 1936 (4083 monnaies décrites).

v. IV (Egypte...)

is available in a cheap reprint or commonly available at all?

Thanks,

PtolemAE

Offline esnible

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • gorgon coins
Re: Book easily available?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 06:52:56 am »
There is a Forni reprint.  These are never cheap but often can be easily obtained from the online DEA megastore.  The web site is one of the best places to get Italian books.

http://www.deastore.com/libro/catalogue-de-la-collection-de-jean-babelon-forni/9788827116869.html

Offline PtolemAE

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • PtolemyBronze.com
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 12:59:21 pm »
There is a Forni reprint.  These are never cheap but often can be easily obtained from the online DEA megastore.  The web site is one of the best places to get Italian books.

http://www.deastore.com/libro/catalogue-de-la-collection-de-jean-babelon-forni/9788827116869.html

tks ed -

350 Euros for the 4 volumes means i'll head for the library and see if i can get the one volume i need (#4) on interlibrary loan.  that has proven to be a useful method for lots of books and we'll see if it works for this one.  i see we have the ISBN code so we should be good.

thanks,

PtolemAE

Offline esnible

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • gorgon coins
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 07:37:34 pm »

Offline PtolemAE

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • PtolemyBronze.com
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 11:43:44 am »
Try this link to find a copy nearby: http://www.worldcat.org/title/catalogue-de-la-collection-de-luynes-monnaies-grecques/oclc/1739264

tks ed -

I.L.L. works well - CA univeristy libraries usually have the books I seek.

PtolemAE

Offline gordian_guy

• Caesar
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 04:14:08 pm »

It has been a while but I think that the last two volumes are available through Google Books. I do have the one on Phoenicia and the volume IV. I think they are the books that you are looking for.

c.rhodes

Offline esnible

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • gorgon coins
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 07:34:34 pm »
It has been a while but I think that the last two volumes are available through Google Books. I do have the one on Phoenicia and the volume IV. I think they are the books that you are looking for.

c.rhodes

Where?  I cannot find them (when accessing from the United States).

All coins are guaranteed for eternity