Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Ilkhanate & Timurids coins - help with ID  (Read 1071 times)

DagonX

Ilkhanate & Timurids coins - help with ID
« on: August 23, 2011, 12:19:01 pm »
Hello!  :)

I'll be very glad for any information about these coins.

#1 - the seller wrote that this is a Ilkhanate double dirham from 14th century.

Weight: 5.15 g
Diameter: about 22 mm

#2 - the seller wrote that this is a Timurids tanka from 14th/15th century.

Weight: 5.02 g
Diameter: about 22 mm

Unfortunately I'm not able to find any similar coins to these two at zeno.ru - maybe you can help me.

Thanks for help:)
DagonX

PS. I've asked about these coins at CCF and one user hinted that they could be Timurid tankas, from the time of Shahrukh, roughly 1425-1450 AD.

Offline Jim Roberts

• Consul
Re: Ilkhanate & Timurids coins - help with ID
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 11:15:15 am »
Yes, they're both tankas of Shahrukh.  On the first coin the mint and date are off the flan at the bottom line of the obverse.  The second coin is an undated issue from the Kashan mint.  See Zeno 22019 and 48306.

DagonX

Re: Ilkhanate & Timurids coins - help with ID
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 03:28:57 pm »
Thanks a lot for help with these coins, now I know what I'm going to buy. :)

DagonX 8)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity