Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Before - Feather  (Read 2153 times)

Mel F

Before - Feather
« on: August 07, 2011, 01:23:47 am »
Attached are before coins for cleaning contest.  Not sure how this will turn out.  Thanks, Mel

gavignano

Re: Before - Feather
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 09:10:45 pm »
Bottom right hsould be very interesting!

Offline casata137ec

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Trying not to screw up...one coin at a time...
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 10:56:02 pm »
I like the bottom left one (ask me about why after you clean it up and id it!  ;) ). Good luck, a couple of those should clean up nicely!

Chris

Edit: I actually want to see what that middle one is...can't figure it out quite yet.
C.
Salus Populi Suprema Lex Esto - Missouri 1822

My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=19691

Mel F

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 03:55:15 am »
As a novice, my biggest challenge is figuring out the balance between under and over-cleaning.  Upper left cleaned up a nice chocolate brown and was easily (still took me a while) id'ed, at least I hope so.  Bottom left looks about the same after several days of cleaning, look forward to hearing your story.  Bottom right has a partial hole on the obverse.  The other two are being slow to clean.  So I plod along ...  Mel

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 12:51:02 pm »
...Bottom right has a partial hole on the obverse...

The partial hole is a feature of the coin type.  There will be one on the reverse too.  All coins of the type have them.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Holding_History

• Caesar
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 10:16:25 am »
The middle one is a provincial with ***some stuff*** on the back, I would guess ***an emperor***.

***Attribution hints edited by moderator
All the best,
Nathan

Offline renegade3220

• Caesar
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 05:19:59 pm »
The middle one is a provincial with 3 standards on the bacpk, I would guess Severus Alexander.

Can't be giving attributions or cleaning tips or anything of the like. This is indeed a cleaning competition and part of that is the attribution.

This is a very interesting lot. Take your time and have fun.

Offline Dino

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Quaestor
  • Caesar
  • Anyone have change for a hemidrachm?
    • My Gallery
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 09:30:15 am »
Bump.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity