Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Abobe Photoshop CS5 Extended  (Read 1960 times)

KIR

Abobe Photoshop CS5 Extended
« on: February 26, 2011, 05:01:32 pm »
Hi

Does anyone know how to cut out the background from the coin in Abobe Photoshop CS5 Extended.

In older versions one needed to open another software within.

Thanks in advance

Online Mat

• Caesar
  • Ancient Coin Addict
Re: Abobe Photoshop CS5 Extended
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 06:03:37 pm »
If its a solid colored background you can use the magic eraser.
MY GALLERY

MJB Ancients

Offline Danny S. Jones

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Danny Jones
    • FORVM Library of Ancient Coinage
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 10:05:55 am »
I use a layer mask to cut objects in CS5. Since coins are round objects, they are easy enough to paint over with a mask using a round brush. If there is a highly contrasting background, you can use the magic wand selection tool, or magic eraser as Mat stated. CS5 also comes with the "refine edge" adjustment tool which works miracles.

Offline moonmoth

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • What I Like About Ancient Coins
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 05:08:24 pm »
I have CS4, and with a background that is fairly consistent in colour, I use the paint bucket to paint it white.  If I have problems with the edges, I use a quick mask to select those parts of the coin out.  As most coin edges are a series of curves (ancient coins are not actually round), this is quick and easy.

Bill
"... A form of twisted symbolical bedsock ... the true purpose of which, as they realised at first glance, would never (alas) be revealed to mankind."

KIR

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 10:11:23 pm »
Sometimes getting used to new software is tough, anyways thanks for everyone, magic wand, select inverse copy and paste works best for me

rsuarez

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 08:00:20 am »
it's easier than that. just magic wand the background and press del, voila!

ras

All coins are guaranteed for eternity