Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Please call if you have questions 252-646-1958. Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: ID Help Needed on Silvered Islamic Coin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ID Help Needed on Silvered Islamic Coin  (Read 558 times)
abcoin
Praetorian

« on: February 24, 2011, 08:05:59 pm »

Hi everyone,

I got this coin in an uncleaned lot from Spain.  Its hard to tell from the pictures, but the coin appears to be silvered.  It weighs 3.13 grams and is 25mm at its maximum diameter.  Any attributions that anyone can offer would be appreciated.  Also, if anyone can recomend a reference book or website for identifying islamic copper coins, I would appreciate that as well.  Thanks in advance!
Sebastian475
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 11:28:55 pm »

Hi,

I think Sevilla, al-Mu'tamid b. 'Abbad, year 462H, mint al-Andalus.

Vives 940 Prieto-Vives 440a

Please see this page:

http://andalustonegawa.50g.com/Sevilla.html

Best,
abcoin
Praetorian

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 01:15:57 am »

I agree; it looks like a match.  Thank you very much!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: ID Help Needed on Silvered Islamic Coin « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop