Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Same as the other one?  (Read 437 times)

Zeeuwsepiep

Same as the other one?
« on: January 01, 2011, 09:30:23 am »
Greek as well, this coins is from the same lot and strongly resembles the other coin I posted. it doesn't bring me further however. Suggestions are apprecaited!

Offline rover1.3

• Tribunus Plebis 2012 / Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Re: Same as the other one?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 09:35:09 am »
I also think is the same as the other one you posted,Tyche is on the obverse,and reverse looks the same,a figure standing.

Offline rover1.3

• Tribunus Plebis 2012 / Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 09:49:34 am »

Offline Mark Fox

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 11:57:20 am »
Dear Zeeuwsepiep and Board,

Greek as well, this coins is from the same lot and strongly resembles the other coin I posted. it doesn't bring me further however. Suggestions are apprecaited!

Yes, very strongly.  I think you posted different pictures of the same coin in your previous thread.  I doubt the city is Kelenderis though.  The standing figure is clearly facing and fully clothed, with both arms raised (somewhat).  I can read 'Y' or 'Λ' on the top of the reverse, which is either at the beginning or end of the partially visible inscription, depending on which way it should be read.

Best regards and Happy New Year!

Mark Fox
Michigan     

Zeeuwsepiep

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 09:39:37 am »
Thanks Rover and Mark. This is very helpful! These are my first coins with this deity. Although the quality is not wonderful, I'm happy with them!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity