Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: "The Uncleaned Fake" - Examples  (Read 50268 times)

cage

Re:"The Uncleaned Fake" - Examples
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2004, 01:21:00 pm »
I get them from all over, California, New Jersey, Ohio, California sent me 15 out of 50, the dealer thought it was funny because he said he got some too, and thats the way it goes.

Offline helvetica

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Helvetia Libera Deo Gratia
    • ID Help pages + RIC lists + www.wildwinds.com
Re:"The Uncleaned Fake" - Fel Temp!
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2004, 06:33:53 pm »
Well, being a bit of a Fel Temp freak (still looking for a (genuine) "kneeling" by the way  :D) it seems that the honour of posting a fake Fel Temp suitably falls to me  ;D

I deliberately bought the coins in these next 3 pictures as fakes from David - they were all he had received back so far that he could let me have (he kept a dozen for himself).

The Fel Temp is a bit disappointing. You can only see a bit of the horse's rear end and the soldier, bent knee very low down but it's definitely a Fel Temp (-PARATIO...)

Offline helvetica

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2004, 07:12:35 pm »
My computer or should I say Windows ME - that eternally Damned Object of Pity - packed up AGAIN just after I posted that one pic (I think it's a problem with the USB ports) so here are the other pics. Maybe. My Windows Explorer is already looking weird..

Offline helvetica

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2004, 07:14:48 pm »
Next 3... bought deliberately as fakes, may I repeat..

Offline helvetica

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2004, 07:15:38 pm »
And the last 3..

lazooro

« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2011, 11:38:43 am »
I get them from all over, California, New Jersey, Ohio, California sent me 15 out of 50, the dealer thought it was funny because he said he got some too, and thats the way it goes.

i got similar too.
VALENS  VOT XX!!! Oh common...  :-\

They were in uncleaned lot completely covered with dirt...? Not sure how they make them look like that!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity