Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Ken Peck Before  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Ken Peck

• Legionary
Ken Peck Before
« on: October 16, 2010, 12:43:09 pm »
Here is the next lot. Looks challenging. Since "green is OK," the big one is ready to go  :laugh: The one on the left looks suspiciously Judean. The bottom row all have a desert patina, so maybe Egyptian.

Offline casata137ec

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Trying not to screw up...one coin at a time...
Re: Ken Peck Before
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 05:42:22 pm »
Looks like a good lot! I am interested in how the big greenie turns out. The rev looks interesting.

Chris
Salus Populi Suprema Lex Esto - Missouri 1822

My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=19691

Offline Ken Peck

• Legionary
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 09:42:51 am »
The Christmas Wreath on the reverse of Greenie stands about a millimeter above the surface of the rest of the coin. God only knows what is under that.

Offline renegade3220

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 09:58:01 am »
I am interested to see the Greenie as well.  I hope for you that the "wreath" comes off easily and does not leave a crater of hopeless doom  ;D

I am also interested to see your skill on the bottom three coins.  I will say no more, but am curious as to how you decide to clean them.

Offline Daniel Stewart

• Conservator
  • Praetorian
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 02:56:06 pm »
These are nice coins--no "damnatio" for you this time :)

Dan

All coins are guaranteed for eternity