Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Medieval AR (extremely rare) ?  (Read 956 times)

Offline solon

• Caesar
Medieval AR (extremely rare) ?
« on: October 09, 2010, 07:20:29 pm »
Hi,
I would like to get your expert opinions on this coin please.
Diameter: AR 41, Weight: 22.80g.
Someone has guided me that this coin was a Bommel Geldern 1599 and it lead me to this coin on mcsearch info:  http://www.mcsearch.info/search.html?search=Bommel+Geldern+1599&view_mode=1&en=1&de=1&fr=1&it=1&es=1&ol=1&sort=&c=&a=&l=#0
The one on mcsearch info is a half taller, the one I am trying to find out is a taller I guess.
Which one is more rare and expensive? Thank you for all your help.

Offline WelfIV

• Consul
Re: Medieval AR (extremely rare) ?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 08:15:58 pm »
Hi solon,

the collection of Georg Baum, which was sold by Kuenker (auction 116) in 2006, contained a "Nottaler zu 30 Stueber" from Bommel. It's weight was 23,01g and it was sold for 6500 Euros.
See lot no. 4207 on page 81.
You can download the PDF-File of that part of the auction here:
http://www.kuenker.de/images/download/pdfauktion/Vergange_Auktionen_Past_Auctions/116/k116-049-096.pdf

The coin from the Georg Baum collection looks very similar to your coin but there are some differences, so it was struck with a different die.

That's all information I have. Not much, but I hope it helps though.

Offline solon

• Caesar
Re: Medieval AR (extremely rare) ?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 06:23:14 am »
Thank you Welf.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity