Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Newbie here, Hello Forum..:)  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Soxfan

• Praetorian
Newbie here, Hello Forum..:)
« on: August 11, 2010, 07:06:45 pm »
 Roman History, what can I say, My Family comes from Italy (Both sides actually..P) and have always been fascinated with it. Browsing the internet one day and came to realize how afforable real Roman coins were! WOW! Anyhow, I started looking more in depth and actually have some in the mail on the way to me. My era (at least for the moment) of interest is the time before Julius Caesar and just after Augustus. Great book on Augustus by the way I highly recommend written by Anthony Everitt.
Anyhow, my main point of the post though, is that I can see this as being a VERY addicting new hobby. ;D 
Great forum and look forward to asking alot of Newbie questions......:)
Thanks,
Soxfan

Offline renegade3220

• Caesar
Re: Newbie here, Hello Forum..:)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 07:12:46 pm »
Welcome!  When you get your coins in the mail, take some pictures (if you are having trouble there is a great section in FORVM that has amazing tips and tricks) and create your own gallery for the rest of us to check out!

Offline Jochen

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Omnes vulnerant, ultima necat.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 07:16:23 pm »
Congrats! You have found the best numismatical FORVM of the known part of the universe.

Welcome

gavignano

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 09:30:43 pm »
Welcome - and a warning - both the collecting and this Forvm are highly addictive!

Offline Soxfan

• Praetorian
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 11:40:03 am »
Thanks for the welcome all, sounds like a great community...:)

Offline lordmarcovan

• Consul
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 10:33:30 pm »
Hi from one newb to another.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity