Classical Numismatics Discussion Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2014, 12:01:18 am
Search Calendar Login Register

Recent Additions to Forum's Shop

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  History and Archeology (Moderator: David Atherton)  |  Topic: Channel 4 Documentary on Septimius Severus 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Channel 4 Documentary on Septimius Severus  (Read 1113 times)
Philoromaos
Caesar

NVNC EST BIBENDVM

« on: June 30, 2010, 05:47:28 am »

Just flicked throught the TV book and there's a documentary on tommorow at 9 about Septimius Severus, titled "The untold invasion of Britain".

rick2
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 06:09:09 am »

will definitely watch.
its part of a series about foregneirs in britain

i saw the first one about the battle of trafalgar and found it very interesting and well made.

if you miss it it will probably be repeated on more 4
Kained but Able
Caesar

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 08:20:48 am »

Good find - here is some info on the episode...

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-untold-invasion-of-britain/episode-guide/series-1/episode-1

Mark Z
Caesar

Sit Julius Caesar quod vos es non.

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 12:19:32 pm »

Should I take it that this particular Channel 4 is in the UK?

Too bad! We would NEVER have this kind of enlightened entertainment on our Channel 4 (the NBC affiliate here in southern California).

mz

Philoromaos
Caesar

NVNC EST BIBENDVM

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 12:24:42 pm »

Should I take it that this particular Channel 4 is in the UK?

Too bad! We would NEVER have this kind of enlightened entertainment on our Channel 4 (the NBC affiliate here in southern California).

mz

Yes it is but once it's been on TV if you search 4 on demand, on google you will be able to watch it online free.

*Alex
Procurator Caesaris
Quaestor
Caesar

Jupiter himself can't please everyone.

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 11:40:23 am »

You can also watch lots of old "Time Team" programs, here is the link http://www.channel4.com/programmes/time-team/4od

Alex.

Mark Z
Caesar

Sit Julius Caesar quod vos es non.

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 01:54:14 pm »

You can also watch lots of old "Time Team" programs, here is the link http://www.channel4.com/programmes/time-team/4od

Alex.

There you go!

Nice link, for sure!

Thanks!
mz

Philoromaos
Caesar

NVNC EST BIBENDVM

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 02:51:15 pm »

Well it hasn't even finished yet and I must say I'm a little disapointed with this program. I don't know where they got their information from but way the relationship between Severus and Clodius Albinus was portrayed was well off in my eyes. Also the 300 style graphics are really starting to grate on my nerves now. Oh well can't complain too much it is better than most of the bilge on the box.

Adrian

Philoromaos
Caesar

NVNC EST BIBENDVM

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 02:57:15 pm »

Did just show a nice denarius with Victory inscribing a shield though!  Shocked

Will Hooton
Comitia Curiata II
Caesar

SUSPIRIUM PUELLAM GULIELMUS THRAEX!

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 03:08:06 pm »

Well it hasn't even finished yet and I must say I'm a little disapointed with this program. I don't know where they got their information from but way the relationship between Severus and Clodius Albinus was portrayed was well off in my eyes. Also the 300 style graphics are really starting to grate on my nerves now. Oh well can't complain too much it is better than most of the bilge on the box.

Adrian

Fully agree. Didn't learn anything new and it seems that '300' has set the standard for low cost special effects.

It was a nice denarius though.......Grin

*Alex
Procurator Caesaris
Quaestor
Caesar

Jupiter himself can't please everyone.

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 12:20:38 pm »

Didn't learn anything new and it seems that '300' has set the standard for low cost special effects.

Which is probably one of the reasons I couldn't get into "Spartacus : Blood and Sand".

Alex.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  History and Archeology (Moderator: David Atherton)  |  Topic: Channel 4 Documentary on Septimius Severus « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop