Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Kashmir half unit  (Read 1590 times)

Offline dougsmit

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek & Roman Coins
Kashmir half unit
« on: June 22, 2010, 04:19:52 pm »
I recall once reading of the existence of a fractional denomination of one of the rulers of Kashmir extremely common bronze units (beneath the notice of most collectors it seems).  I can not find the reference now (help appreciated).   Is the first coin below (3.2g, 15mm) one of these?  As I read it, it is Kshemagupta with Didda.  For comparison I also post a full and normal (6.2g, 19mm) coin of the same rulers.  Any references or links to photos would be appreciated. 

All coins are guaranteed for eternity