Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: female plus horseman rev  (Read 457 times)

Zeeuwsepiep

female plus horseman rev
« on: June 11, 2010, 11:55:50 am »
it looks like a female bust to me, but I c ould be mistaken. The horseman on the reverse is rather uncommon; I can't remember having seen one before on Roman coins (aside from republican coins). It appears to be more common on Greek coins. Any suggestions/directions will be appreciated!

Offline Kurt E

• Caesar
Re: female plus horseman rev
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 12:06:36 pm »
Your Obverse appears to be a young Caracalla.  I believe you can read NINOC on the right side.  This is a provincial coin.  Do you have a size and weight?  I have seen this reverse recently, but I am not placing it.  Can you read any of the legend on the reverse?

Kurt

All coins are guaranteed for eternity