Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: islamic bronze coins  (Read 863 times)

Offline Cacuci

• Consul
  • I love this forum!
    • www.antica.home.ro
islamic bronze coins
« on: May 24, 2010, 11:14:12 am »
Hello,
 Once again i need your help. I have this lot of coins . Could it be from the Golden Horde or some tatar khan? Or could it be turkish? An interesting fact about them is that they were obtained by cutting from a larger form. On the upper left coin the edges present cutting evidence.  The sign of David's Star  from what i found is used on the tatar coins. But i couldn't find one with that small six edged star in the middle.
I hope i didn't break the forum's policy by posting them alltogether.
If you recognize any of them please help me.
The dimensions: upper left: 11,5 mm, 2,5 g ; left: 13,7 mm, 2,9 g ; upper right: 12,6 mm, 0.8 g; right: 12,3 mm 0,5 g ; down: 11 mm ,0,7 g ; lower-right : 12,5 mm, 1,9 g.

Regards,
 Bogdan.

iaculator

Re: islamic bronze coins
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 02:05:48 pm »
They all seem like Ottoman mangirs.

Sincerely

Offline Pekka K

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • ...one coin at a time...