Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Programming updates to CoinProject (Completed)  (Read 1930 times)

Offline imperialcoins

• Consul
  • Agora Auctions
    • Agora Auctions, Inc.
Programming updates to CoinProject (Completed)
« on: January 20, 2011, 10:26:23 pm »
week of January 16-23rd 2011

I will post the latest fixes, updates and feature enhancements and new features here on a regular basis.  I will post them all to this topic so that we do not clutter this forum.

1.  We added the ability to remove the "count" next to the Roman Republican moneyers that have "(See: SOMEWHERE ELSE)"  We added additional lines to properly direct the user to the appropriate "directory".  So if someone is looking for a coin which has more than one moneyer on it they can look at either entry and it will direct them to the appropriate directory.

2.  Addressed minor issues that were putting valid coins into "Coins with errors" for Ancient East.
-Alfred
Agora Auctions, Inc.
http://agoraauctions.com

Offline imperialcoins

• Consul
  • Agora Auctions
    • Agora Auctions, Inc.
Re: Programming updates to CoinProject (Completed)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 12:29:30 am »
Thanks to a few donations, we will be moving forward with a few minor enhancements this week:

1.  We are adding the "Germany" category under Medieval/Early World.  Turns out there are over 6000 entries just under Germany and it really needs it's own category.
2.  Added ability for admin to edit CoinID.  Originally I restricted this to avoid problems with the database, but it turns out we need it in case a user enters the wrong CoinID.
3.  Added some feature enhancements to the admin site to allow for searching for coins and performing other maintenance tasks easily.  (After handling more than 100 error reports it has really helped me to see where we can improve the work flow!)
4.  We are adding the ability for users to set whether or not the "Price sold for" and "Date sold" data is displayed publicly.  This way a user does not have to edit it for EVERY record and we are also having them turn on these two fields for tens of thousands of records which were already entered.

We are also working on adding a way for people to discuss/add comments for specific coins in the database.

Best,

Alfred
-Alfred
Agora Auctions, Inc.
http://agoraauctions.com

All coins are guaranteed for eternity