Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: How to display ancient coins?  (Read 28912 times)

Pseudolous

Re: How to display ancient coins?
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010, 03:08:36 pm »
Andrew - I have found both 69 BC and 70 BC reported and chose the 70BC as it corresponds with published list of moneyers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moneyer

Offline Potator II

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Error communis facit jus
    • Monnaies de la Dombes
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2010, 03:31:23 pm »
Here is the kind of cabinet I use for coins. This one is home made, covered with red leather. The others are the classic Abafil cabinets with velvet trays.

Potator

Offline daverino

• Caesar
    • My Gallery:
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2010, 09:52:30 pm »
I just finished a first page (8.5 by 11") for a small public display of Roman coins this Fall. Suggestions / corrections appreciated.

A full sized image is: http://www.rfrajola.com/roman/sabinus.jpg

Below is a thumbnail of it:

I would like to make a catalogue of my personal collection and your presentations, which are obviously professional, seem a great way to go about it. The big problem for me is photography, particularly of dark bronzes. Your pictures seem somewhere between a photo and a drawing. How do you do it?

Pseudolous

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2010, 08:23:03 am »
Daverino - Glad you like the page. Actually, I can't do photography of coins. I use the images from vendors who I bought the coins from for now. However, I will have to take the small collection to Dallas and have them all re-shot before I do final exhibit mounting this Fall so they will all be of uniform high quality. With the system I use, it will be easy to place in the new images. None of them have been "played" with or tweaked.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity