Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: VICTORI-AAVGGG reverse  (Read 487 times)

Offline The Apostle

• Consul
VICTORI-AAVGGG reverse
« on: December 12, 2009, 06:37:15 pm »
This obverse of this coin is very hard to deal with.  The reverse has always been very clear.  Based on Dane's sheets this coin belongs to Arcadius, or Eugenius.  The only other possibility is Theodosius but his legend does not fit.  I have adjusted the contrast of the picture in hopes that someone will be able to assist me.  I have searched all databases that I am aware of and was only able to find on other Eugenius from Trier on WW and the obverse legend did not exist.  I would appreciate any help that anyone could offer for the identification of this coin.  Thank you.

Offline The Apostle

• Consul
Re: VICTORI-AAVGGG reverse
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 04:23:26 pm »
One and only bump.

Offline OWL365

• Conservator
  • Consul
Re: VICTORI-AAVGGG reverse
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 01:55:30 pm »
Since  Theodosius does not fit I would have to say Arcadius. Eugenius has a more thinner face with a pointed beard.
Mike

All coins are guaranteed for eternity