Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Resources  |  Identification Help (Moderators: Varangian, Arados)  |  Topic: Wildwinds: News etc. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wildwinds: News etc.  (Read 55060 times)
helvetica
Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

Helvetia Libera Deo Gratia

« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2016, 06:41:30 pm »

I will add this coin, Aleksandar but in future could you look at my profile, take my email address
and send your coin images to that address instead of here ?
Thankyou !
helvetica
Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2016, 04:32:09 pm »

Two things, friends.
I did an incredibly silly thing a week ago - instead of saving the updated Probus file to the
Probus folder on the server, I uploaded it to the \ric\ folder by mistake, so some people
were seeing the Probus page when they went to the wildwinds RIC list startpage (the one
with the dropdown lists of emperors). I noticed it the next day and corrected it but if you
were a victim of my foolishness and you are still seeing the Probus page, it is because
your browser is still fetching the page from your browser's cache. So you need to
either manually delete the www.wildwinds.com/coins/ric/i.html (it did not affect ...index.html)
from your cache or try the F5 key a couple of times, or CTRL F5 or Shift F5, depending on
your browser. (It used to be possible to set browsers to "always fetch the newest
version of websites" but it looks as though Firefox, Chrome and IE have removed that
option which is pretty damn stupid in my opinion).

Secondly, I am in the midst of modifying hundreds of thousands of html files for use with
the new version of the DVD and because some parts of the html coding - which may look
identical when viewed as text - actually have small differences (e.g. an extra space, <td>
instead of <th> etc) my search and replace programs had a hard time of it. So I decided to
separate the 170 lines of the top part of the pages (the part with the wildwinds logo, banner
ads and the dropdown menus beneath them) into a file of its own and then use a call-up line
to add it to the pages.
Now, because those 170 lines are a mixture of plain html and scripts, it is difficult to get the
size exactly right. On my PCs screen (my display settings are set at a slightly lower resolution
than most people have) the top part is a little bit narrower than the coin lists. It should be fine
for most people, but if you, for example, see only a small part of that top part, could you let
me know ? At the moment ONLY the Byzantine emperor lists have the "call-up line" system
because it needs a lot of work to do all the tens of thousands of html pages of all the sections,
and I really need to get the new DVD done.
djmacdo
Tribunus Plebis 2017
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

I love this forum!

« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2016, 03:22:50 pm »

Blessing upon you for all that work on our behalf.
helvetica
Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2016, 05:40:31 pm »

Thankyou - sometimes I feel I need all the blessings I can get  Grin
lawrence c
Praetorian

« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2016, 06:51:10 pm »

Trust me, you give 'amateur' collectors such as me a reason to live when we get a batch of unidentified coins in (now if AE4's could magically get larger for my old eyes...).
Best,
Larry
Fatih K
Praetorian

« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2017, 05:41:56 pm »

Excellent , I is indeed very useful thanks alot, Thumbs Up
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Resources  |  Identification Help (Moderators: Varangian, Arados)  |  Topic: Wildwinds: News etc. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop