Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Terry Jones' Medieval Lives  (Read 2658 times)

Offline Danny S. Jones

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Danny Jones
    • FORVM Library of Ancient Coinage
Terry Jones' Medieval Lives
« on: September 19, 2009, 05:53:33 am »
I just finished watching the series "Terry Jones' Medieval Lives" this week, and thought I'd offer it up as a hilarious presentation of history in the Monty Python sort of way. The series was produced in 2004, winning an Emmy, and consists of eight episodes including:

• The Peasant
  • The Monk
  • The Damsel
  • The Minstrel
  • The Knight
  • The Philosopher (Alchemist)
  • The Outlaw
  • The King

Jones asserts the very true statement that, "History isn't necessarily what happened. It's often what people want us to think happened."
The series presents medieval history in a lighthearted manner, yet sheds some light on some important historical facts. If you haven't seen this series, I'd say it's worth taking a look!
Regards,
Danny

Offline genexs

• Praetorian
Re: Terry Jones' Medieval Lives
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 11:14:52 am »
Hi:

This sound brilliant! I'll watch for it.

best,
Gene

Offline Heliodromus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 09:01:58 am »
Looks interesting/amusing. I see Amazon have it available on DVD.

Ben

Offline Heliodromus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 12:37:45 pm »
Just as a follow-up, I bought this DVD (2 disc set, actually) and am very much enjoying it. A good mix of less well known history and fun presentation. Highly recommended!

Ben

Offline Danny S. Jones

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Danny Jones
    • FORVM Library of Ancient Coinage
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 02:19:11 pm »
I'm glad you got it! Anything that makes history fun (or in this case, funny) is great for everybody else in the rest of the world outside this small circle of history lovers. I don't think anyone here needs too much convincing to watch history shows. It's a great series. Plus, I just like to keep up with the Joneses.

Danny Jones

Offline gallienus1

• Caesar
  • Hope for the best but prepare for the worst
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 09:00:23 pm »
I somehow missed this series when it came out. I’I be sure to look it up (Would make someone a nice Christmas present).

Best Regards,
Steve

TRPOT

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 11:30:05 am »
You can watch them on YouTube. I just watched the Outlaw episode. I'll be sure to watch the rest!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity