Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Dangerous fake roman bronze coins! - Nero, Nerva, Trajanus, Julianus II.  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Tibsi

• Caesar
    • http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=11846

gavignano

yikes! The lettering on the Nero is........not ancient   ;)

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline SRukke

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Go ahead, make my day.
    • My gallery. Started January 2009
I don't know how dangerous some are, at least a couple the Nerva and Domitioan and Vespasian Sestertii have the letters WRL stamped into the bust. Looks like one of them they attempted to remove partially.

Offline Bamba123

• Caesar
On some of his auctions he uses the word copy, sounds like someone to steer clear of, but if bidders read the word copy....
If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1844

Offline saholz

• Consul
It appears the WRL marked coins are sold and described as copies.  The others are sold with no guarantee of authenticity.  Nothing seems to be presented as ancient.

Stan

All coins are guaranteed for eternity