Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Am I strange?  (Read 5740 times)

Offline JRoME

• Consul
Re: Am I strange?
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2009, 08:05:43 pm »
only way to cure it is to give all the invoices of the coins you recieve to your sigificant other for record keeping.

That's suicide, man:o

Exactly...so I am saying the cure is....  ;D

...unless of course if your name is Potator II who married the right one ;)

:angel:

I'm single and fear I may have to remain this way.  I spend very little money on the hobby but I doubt any woman would put up with the 3 to 4 hours a day I spend cleaning and attributing.  And that is a deal breaker!

Offline ancientdave

• Caesar
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2009, 09:06:43 pm »
only way to cure it is to give all the invoices of the coins you recieve to your sigificant other for record keeping.

That's suicide, man:o

Exactly...so I am saying the cure is....  ;D

...unless of course if your name is Potator II who married the right one ;)

:angel:

I'm single and fear I may have to remain this way.  I spend very little money on the hobby but I doubt any woman would put up with the 3 to 4 hours a day I spend cleaning and attributing.  And that is a deal breaker!

You might be surprised, there are many women out there who would kill to have an intelligent man who spends his leisure time on anything other than belching and yelling at the TV. I am lucky, while she is not quite nerdy enough to completely share in my passion for ancient coins and history, my wife has told me many times that she sees it as one of my more admirable quirks. Just the other day, I was prattling on about Domitian, and how I enjoyed seeing this bust of him that we once saw in a museum in Toledo, Ohio, and she says, "Wasn't he the one who flooded the Colosseum and had those fake sea battles?" I nearly cried as I swept her into my arms and kissed her! Who knows, I'd wager that there are certainly more females in our little hobby than there have ever been before, maybe you will hit the jackpot! ;D

Offline Danny S. Jones

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
  • Danny Jones
    • FORVM Library of Ancient Coinage
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2009, 01:51:36 am »
...Just the other day, I was prattling on about Domitian, and how I enjoyed seeing this bust of him that we once saw in a museum in Toledo, Ohio, and she says, "Wasn't he the one who flooded the Colosseum and had those fake sea battles?" I nearly cried as I swept her into my arms and kissed her!

lol! I'm always taken back and amazed when my wife remembers some fact from my incessant babbling on coins and history.

And to the original topic... I thinks it's great to branch out into other areas like Greek coins or otherwise. I just  began collecting ancient Southeast Asian bronze ingots used before coinage. (I listed some in my gallery). The true ancient coin collector's love and obsession (in my opinion) is that of the wonder and amazement of the history behind the coins. My love of the study of history drives me to expand in all directions, even though I still have a small area that I focus the majority of my attention on. If you have a love for history and the search for knowledge, you will always have a drive to expand your horizons.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity