Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Domitian sestertius?  (Read 380 times)

cerge

Domitian sestertius?
« on: June 04, 2009, 04:07:03 pm »
hi, friends, i know maybe isn't very fine but i would like to know if this sestertius is from Domitian, like i think. I wait some other point of view, thanks!
Cristian

Offline Philoromaos

• Caesar
  • NVNC EST BIBENDVM
Re: Domitian sestertius?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 05:06:09 pm »
From the shape of the head it looks like it could be, also I think I see  DO above the portrait which could be from DOMIT in the legend. It's too badly corroded to be sure, someone elses eyes my be better than mine though!

cerge

Re: Domitian sestertius?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 02:33:36 pm »
Yes, is true , Adrian (my eyes also are broken!) but anyway thanks!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity