Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Contans? strange reverse  (Read 492 times)

cerge

Contans? strange reverse
« on: May 20, 2009, 11:16:50 am »
I think probably is a CONSTANS (on right side I read "SPFAVG") but im not sure about the reverse so.. please help!
pd: I see on the exergue a big 'R'
thanks!!

Offline ecoli

• Caesar
  • Every coin is sacred, every coin is great.
Re: Contans? strange reverse
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 11:27:06 am »
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/dane/

check this link, scrow down to Gloria Romanorvm section and see if the first or second image on the 2nd row from the left matches your reverse...if it does, then load up that spread sheet and see what you can find

Offline quisquam

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 11:57:05 am »
The reverse is VICTORIAE DD AVGGQ NN, two Victories standing facing each other, holding wreaths, between them branch. Looks like mint of Rome, first officina (R P in exergue).

Regards, Stefan

Offline ecoli

• Caesar
  • Every coin is sacred, every coin is great.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 12:56:53 pm »
right...somehow the way the pic came out, it didn't look like right half set of two victories

cerge

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 02:49:01 pm »
Thanks friends, it help me very much.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity