Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Oil Lamp...please help ID  (Read 2128 times)

jonkag7

Oil Lamp...please help ID
« on: May 28, 2007, 01:51:46 pm »
Hi everyone,

I have an Oil Lamp from Israel that I recieved as a present a few years ago. Unfortunately I have lost the ID sheet, and don't remember what it says. I know that it was purchased in Israel, and I think it is probably Roman. I appreciate any attempt at IDing this lamp! *notice the patterns around the top, they might provide some clue. The lamp measures about 4 in. long. Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Jonathan

jonkag7

Re: Oil Lamp...please help ID
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 01:53:47 pm »
Here's another pic from the side.

seth

Re: Oil Lamp...please help ID
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 10:37:37 am »
this seems to be a common shape for the late roman early byzantine oil lamps, also called lucernae. the design on the discus aint tellin me much, its just decorative.
id say around 400-450AD.
a nice one too :)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity