Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Naxos didrachm  (Read 3643 times)

Offline xintaris75

• Consul
Naxos didrachm
« on: May 15, 2009, 03:46:12 pm »
Hi all,
I would be appreciate  for yours opinions about authencity of this rare coin (21mm, 7,96 gr).

[click to enlarge]
Ω ΖΕΥ, ΠΑΤΕΡ ΖΕΥ,
ΣΟΝ ΜΕΝ ΟΥΡΑΝΟΥ ΚΡΑΤΟΣ.
ΣΥ Δ' ΕΡΓ' ΕΠ' ΑΝΘΡΩΠΩΝ ΟΡΑΪΣ
ΛΕΩΡΓΑ ΚΑΙ ΘΕΜΙΣΤΑ.
ΣΟΙ ΔΕ ΘΗΡΙΩΝ ΥΒΡΙΣ ΤΕ ΚΑΙ ΔΙΚΗ ΜΕΛΕΙ.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: Naxos didrachm
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 09:51:12 am »
I think fake.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline xintaris75

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 10:10:01 am »
I think fake.

Joe,
thank you for your opinion.
It can be interesting for show some another examples from this "ForgeryFactory"
Ω ΖΕΥ, ΠΑΤΕΡ ΖΕΥ,
ΣΟΝ ΜΕΝ ΟΥΡΑΝΟΥ ΚΡΑΤΟΣ.
ΛΕΩΡΓΑ ΚΑΙ ΘΕΜΙΣΤΑ.

Offline xintaris75

• Consul
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 10:12:42 am »
And more...
Ω ΖΕΥ, ΠΑΤΕΡ ΖΕΥ,
ΣΟΝ ΜΕΝ ΟΥΡΑΝΟΥ ΚΡΑΤΟΣ.
ΛΕΩΡΓΑ ΚΑΙ ΘΕΜΙΣΤΑ.

Offline xintaris75

• Consul
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 10:17:35 am »
Really all his Greek silver is fake. As well as most (~70-80%) of Greek bronze.
I'm not familiar with Roman bronze, but most of them also looks very bad. Like this sestertius.
P.S. All his coins offered as " THE AUTHENTICITY IS GUARANTEED UNCONDITIONALLY". This guy is real fraudster.
But he not blacklisted yet..
Ω ΖΕΥ, ΠΑΤΕΡ ΖΕΥ,
ΣΟΝ ΜΕΝ ΟΥΡΑΝΟΥ ΚΡΑΤΟΣ.
ΛΕΩΡΓΑ ΚΑΙ ΘΕΜΙΣΤΑ.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 10:31:56 pm »
OK, so somebody who know's the name, nominate them for the notorious fraud list by providing the name and a link. 
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline xintaris75

• Consul
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 07:44:01 am »
OK, so somebody who know's the name, nominate them for the notorious fraud list by providing the name and a link. 
Done yet: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?topic=18502.msg331902#msg331902
Ω ΖΕΥ, ΠΑΤΕΡ ΖΕΥ,
ΣΟΝ ΜΕΝ ΟΥΡΑΝΟΥ ΚΡΑΤΟΣ.
ΛΕΩΡΓΑ ΚΑΙ ΘΕΜΙΣΤΑ.

Offline xintaris75

• Consul
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 12:02:53 pm »
Here is my comment:
More fakes & frauds from aitnacoins

Take a look here:

this coin was sold as "from collection   K. Weber" - it's LIE.
[BROKEN LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN]

this coin offered just now at E-bay - it's TWIN of coin above.
[BROKEN LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN]

Yes, aitnacoins is FAKESELLER and SWINDLER.
Ω ΖΕΥ, ΠΑΤΕΡ ΖΕΥ,
ΣΟΝ ΜΕΝ ΟΥΡΑΝΟΥ ΚΡΑΤΟΣ.
ΛΕΩΡΓΑ ΚΑΙ ΘΕΜΙΣΤΑ.

Offline xintaris75

• Consul
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 12:32:33 pm »
It's would be interesting, for read this message at CFDL (about Weber gold) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CoinForgeryDiscussionList/message/25470
Ω ΖΕΥ, ΠΑΤΕΡ ΖΕΥ,
ΣΟΝ ΜΕΝ ΟΥΡΑΝΟΥ ΚΡΑΤΟΣ.
ΛΕΩΡΓΑ ΚΑΙ ΘΕΜΙΣΤΑ.

Silenus

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 01:35:14 am »
Communication with the  forgery-factory aitnacoins:

Aitnacoins:

from what you say on the coins for sale months in my pages would be all false, then should I assume that you are an expert, I would now propose to make the expert numismatist and expert on the best auction houses, what do you think? is perhaps not a good idea?
thank goodness that not all think like you otherwise would have changed job

My reply :

Man,

The coins you are selling, especialy , naxos , kamarina, Siracuse Gold-dekadrachm are very expensive coins.

Why do not sell them through a auctions House?

you can reach more money as in ebay.

You know why ?  because they are fakes!

You must, NOT I ,  first verificate the expensive coins  in a auction house or Sear and than Sell them !!! (Kapito)

------------------------------------------------------------------ 
Responce:

I sell my coins where I want, to sell through auctions good as you call them, and certainly I could sell them more expensive but then the auction houses have to be paid and then must wait six - eight weeks before receiving sales, then at the end of the ebay peferisco that saves those who purchase and is much more rapid, then do not forget that customers who bought coins for 1000 - $ 10,000 is just as you are advised by an expert in trust and if something does not is clear I am prepared to refund the money ... This you have ever thought? then in your opinion these coins are false only because it is located in my store in ebay? I am sorry but you stupid it says many, try to make a purchase from me and you will see that soon will change your opinion
perhaps you have not realized yet that I am a professional seller and I understand that the market ebay brings many advantages. so if you own must identify counterfeit coins go somewhere else, here from me you have reached rock bottom and I understand very well that you do not understand a thing of ancient coins, but I think For this point we should also be ashamed of what he wrote and writes of how, I do a favor to go read a libto the stories of Pinocchio in some other part CAPITO?

My response:

Your are a Profesional forgery-factory nothing else......

AND I LIER too....

Sycily Syracuse Gold Dekadrachm

EX-Weber Collection   HA! HA! HA! HA! (THIS IS YOU STUPID MISTAKE!)

Sweet Dreams Pinochio

comments?

michelsantini

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 04:08:28 am »
I am sorry to disappoint you but this coin is original without any doubt, and a person who knows at least a little in the field of numismatics has no doubt consider this original  100%

Offline xintaris75

• Consul
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 04:30:12 am »
I am sorry to disappoint you but this coin is original without any doubt, and a person who knows at least a little in the field of numismatics has no doubt consider this original  100%

Dear Francheschino,
i'm sure, what you saw a host coin of yours fake yet.
Just want to remind you, take a look again, and stop yours funny claims. Here are no stupids at board.
Regards,
Yuriy.
Ω ΖΕΥ, ΠΑΤΕΡ ΖΕΥ,
ΣΟΝ ΜΕΝ ΟΥΡΑΝΟΥ ΚΡΑΤΟΣ.
ΛΕΩΡΓΑ ΚΑΙ ΘΕΜΙΣΤΑ.

michelsantini

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 03:51:48 am »
Yuriy before opening your mouth and say silly things you should determine with certainty which of the two Naxos in question is actually false. I was not interested in what you sell to others. I only care what I sell, if it wants can visit my page that I already know and evaluate my coins with magnification, and if they understand something both you and others can see through the magnification that you continue to write very large stupidity making very ridiculous in the eyes of those who have little knowledge, as if she and the other, my money is false then I certainly would be an imbecile, using the magnification of the currencies in case of false I would not have done that we try to use the brain in the right way and you will see that come to change their minds
and I repeat what I said before if any of you would like to buy my currency, and then have some doubts you can always count on the reimbursement of money paid. these are evidence of my safety and honesty that I do not want to seem at all taken into account, but if you continue to write the same nonsense, then it seems clear from all of you there is someone who has much interest in bringing discredit on my money and this I think it is quite dishonest by that someone, then please stop your hysteria and to be more honest and fair, which for me are two things that so far not proved to have

www.aitnacoins.de

Offline xintaris75

• Consul
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 05:39:15 am »
Francheschino,
i can't spots sence of yours post. Magnification isn't necessary in this case. It's absolutely clear visible, what yours Naxos have a lot of missed fine details (expecially in rev.), flat fields are absolutely dissonance in comparision with "corroded" relief.
So, it's rude copy of original coin. Pressed or cast.
For determination about mode of forgery, please, show us a rim at 3-6H of rev.
Ω ΖΕΥ, ΠΑΤΕΡ ΖΕΥ,
ΣΟΝ ΜΕΝ ΟΥΡΑΝΟΥ ΚΡΑΤΟΣ.
ΛΕΩΡΓΑ ΚΑΙ ΘΕΜΙΣΤΑ.

michelsantini

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2009, 08:01:43 am »
Dear Giuori
you do not have to own any other explanation, she is one of those many people who do not understand quite a beautiful thing, and please do not continue to be ridiculous with its chatter from bar night, maybe if you bring it to the attention of the mitivi true of its many poorly espessini on my coins, then perhaps every other component that you understand for trivial reasons, I attacked in any way and without reason, and therefore his statements should be read as a child and depression continues to seek revenge ( VENDETTA ) for no reason The day you give me reason to think differently about its interpretation then I would be happy to revise my views on you, but foin that day and she is still a great chatterbox incompetent, that you should not interpret it as my revenge I do not have any need, but maybe if beginning to see the coins on the right side could perhaps one day have the good fortune to be able to interpret. The Drachma of NAXOS  this is 100% authentic and I would be ready to Farel a proposal, if you want to buy, the result can be any expert in this world, and if the slightest suspicion arises on this coin, I can assure you an immediate refund of expenditure and I will declare me incompetent, but because I am sure of what I say, then in this case she is incompetent, I am sorry but at this moment more than truth I do not know others, if it wants to realize and face ridicule, I personally suspect its not very interested, but perhaps only to those like you
regards

Offline xintaris75

• Consul
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2009, 08:07:40 am »
Francheschino,
yours coin is "DIDRACHM".
Ω ΖΕΥ, ΠΑΤΕΡ ΖΕΥ,
ΣΟΝ ΜΕΝ ΟΥΡΑΝΟΥ ΚΡΑΤΟΣ.
ΛΕΩΡΓΑ ΚΑΙ ΘΕΜΙΣΤΑ.

michelsantini

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2009, 08:19:19 am »
Hi GIOURI
even an idiot would understand that this is an error of transcription, but it seems to me that you are unable to understand things that children of 8 - 10 years now understand :evil:

Offline xintaris75

• Consul
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2009, 08:31:35 am »
Francheschino,
why you are so agressive?
Relax, please.
Ω ΖΕΥ, ΠΑΤΕΡ ΖΕΥ,
ΣΟΝ ΜΕΝ ΟΥΡΑΝΟΥ ΚΡΑΤΟΣ.
ΛΕΩΡΓΑ ΚΑΙ ΘΕΜΙΣΤΑ.

michelsantini

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2009, 08:43:49 am »
she is certainly right, maybe I do not think it deserves any kind of response now to send the last message, see to find out what ;D

Offline Diokl

• Auxiliary
    • Ancient Coins and History
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2009, 11:22:19 am »
even an idiot would understand that this is an error of transcription, but it seems to me that you are unable to understand things that children of 8 - 10 years now understand :evil:

Incorrectness - a weak argument. :o

Offline Paul D3

• Consul
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2009, 07:48:04 pm »
Quote from: Silenus on May 24, 2009, 11:39:57 am
Hello.

I have received the following message from aitnacoins-Michaelsentini (fake Seller), after i have posted in this thread.
Comments are welcome:(Bad Englisch)

Hi  not know its true but noe of what he says and how it expresses that you suspect is a dangerous  and perfect idiot in fact says that the silver coins are all false are all wrong but because she ORIGINAL is a capable and enjoys stupitaggini say, I can explain why it believes the coins without even having had in his hand? I am sure of what I say, and believe me do not take my email as a personal insult but said she is normal just before sire stronzate trying to use the brain if it has
aitnacoins

this looks like a computer translation-aitncoins may want to find a fluent speaker of English and his language (Italian?)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity