Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: A method to produce fake ancient gold coins  (Read 1696 times)

Offline Arminius

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • carpe diem
    • Arminius-Numismatics
A method to produce fake ancient gold coins
« on: March 30, 2009, 02:11:12 pm »
Hello,

when i made the first picture of this Herennius Etruscus Antoninianus something in my camera went wrong.

The second shot was ok and approximately shows the original coloration of the coin.

Unfortunately i didn´t recognize the exact settings of my camera. ( Otherwise i could become rich on *bay ?  ;) ;) ;)  ). 

Probably the chip inside calculated the wrong colour balance.

regards

Offline bruce61813

• Conservator
  • Consul
Re: A method to produce fake ancient gold coins
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 08:19:29 pm »
 ;D, you could make a fortune, just claim 'no gold' ...your first setting would probably been for outside daylight, and you made the exposure indoors with tungsten light, or something like that.  now about that gold coin....

Bruce
too many coins - too little time!!

Offline Robert_Brenchley

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    • My gallery
Re: A method to produce fake ancient gold coins
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 02:20:43 pm »
Just put 'No gold content whatsoever, very rare aureus, £1 000 000', and wait for the wealth to come rolling in!
Robert Brenchley

My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10405
Fiat justitia ruat caelum

All coins are guaranteed for eternity