Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Digital Microscope for Photos?  (Read 1408 times)

Serial_Zappist

Digital Microscope for Photos?
« on: February 11, 2009, 12:44:45 am »
Im looking to get one of these.
Does anyone have a similar model to one of these and can show a picture of a coin that they took? Or know which model would be the best for cleaning and photography?
It seems like something i would love to use for cleaning also.
But if im gonna spend that kind of money on something i would like to see some feedback from anyone that has one of them.
It should be everything that i need if it takes pictures and allows me to watch what im cleaning on T.V. (plug to computer then plug computer into tv).  :)

the model im looking at is the   Dino-Lite Pro AM413TL  (<--copy and paste it in google)
Anyone played around with them?

Offline leetoone

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Yorkshire, England
    • Lee Toone
Re: Digital Microscope for Photos?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 05:33:17 pm »
One thing to look out for is that most models will not allow a photo or image of the whole coin at once. They are too powerful and will just pick up part of a coin unless it is a very small one. Otherwise they look like a fun piece of kit for examining coins really closely, just no good for coin photgraphy generally.

Lee

Offline Johnny

• Conservator Princeps, Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: Digital Microscope for Photos?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 07:01:34 pm »
as far as cleaning goes,  I don't hink you need any more magnification than 30X

My current scope has 5X - 10 X 15X and 30 X,  and nis fantastic for cleaning   and seeing small details

For the Scopes that display on the screen,  I was looking at those too,  but  was worried about the lag between the scope and screen,  I would have had to have a dedicated comp for the one I was looking at. or be faced with massive upgrades.

Make sure the 2  ( scope and screen ) will display in real time with no lag . I think it would be incredibly frustrating ,  especially during the cleaning, to have lag

here are a few post that might help

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?topic=41868.0

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?topic=49719.0

hope this helps

All coins are guaranteed for eternity