Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point with your mouse on a coin in the RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Roman Coins (Moderator: Severus_Alexander)  |  Topic: Mn. Cordius Rufus 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mn. Cordius Rufus  (Read 517 times)
stainless
Praetorian

College boy

« on: January 14, 2009, 07:13:08 pm »

Hi all,

I am looking for info on MN. Cordius Rufus..interenet wont give me anything..except coins.

I am looking to find as much info as possible.

TIVS
Steve Minnoch
Tribunus Plebis 2007
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 07:17:34 pm »

There is very little known, as is sadly the case with many moneyers.

From Crawford, p 474

"The moneyer [Rufus], for whom a Tusculan origin is revealed by the obverse type of 1 [the head of the Dioscuri on one denarius type], is otherwise known only from a Tusculan inscription (ILLRP 414), in which the tenure of the office of Praetor is recorded."

Steve
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Roman Coins (Moderator: Severus_Alexander)  |  Topic: Mn. Cordius Rufus « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop