Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: what do I need  (Read 6276 times)

Offline Enodia

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: what do I need
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 03:24:15 am »
To me it clearly looks like a "C-10-F", a ceramic temperature equalization numismatic furnace.  Very expensive piece of manly high tech gadgetry.
ROFLMAO!   ;D

Offline Johnny

• Conservator Princeps, Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 07:27:27 pm »
Yeah,  that's right  ,,,,,

it's a c-10-f  I had forgotten 

thanks

;D   

Offline Johnny

• Conservator Princeps, Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2008, 02:42:31 pm »
LOL  we got a little goofy towards the end.  but in this post, you have pics of the hardware used by various members wich I found useful

Mark Lundgren

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2008, 02:55:30 pm »

Chris (or all) -

What BRAND of brass brush do you use.  I like the little Forvm brush's bristels more than those of the local hardware store brushes, but sometimes it would be nice to have a longer handle.  Did you get it any special place?

PS:  If you know any woodwind players, I think the pointy spring-steel instrument "springs" make handy cleaning tools for the hard stuff....but ask before you take them  ; )   

-Mark

Offline casata137ec

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Trying not to screw up...one coin at a time...
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2008, 09:41:15 pm »
To be honest Mark, just a cheapy I had laying around for cleaning off solder joints (I think I got it at a local hardware store in a pack with a nylon and steel, I cut the bristles down on the nylon (to make it a bit stronger then a toothbrush but softer than brass) and have never used the steel one!). Johnny got the nic-a-brushes that Joe sells and says he likes them quite a bit.
To be even more honest, I hardly every use it anymore. I find that it runs to big a risk of shining up the high points. If I use a metal brush at all I use my silver one my wife got me for xmas last year. It's a lot finer and less abrasive.

Chris
Salus Populi Suprema Lex Esto - Missouri 1822

My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=19691

Offline Scotvs Capitis

• Conservator Princeps
  • Caesar
  • This space intentionally left blank
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2008, 12:37:11 am »
I like a "Double Sided Brass Scratch Brush", I used to get them at Rainbow Jeweler's Supply but apparently they are offline now. Its the double sided fine brass brush that has been sold at many ancient coins shop sites in the past, though I rarely see them any more.

I don't use it that much either, generally I stick with a cut down toothbrush.
SCOTVS CAPITIS - Hovstonoplis Tex
(Scott Head, TX)
My Gallery

All coins are guaranteed for eternity