Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Glass Jetons  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Glass Jetons
« on: November 24, 2008, 08:44:18 am »
FORVM has just added a group of Glass jetons to our Islamic coin page.  They are all from the Alex Malloy Ancient Glass Collection and listed as unattributed to specific type

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/catalog/roman-and-greek-coins.asp?vpar=1288&pos=0&open=1507#Medieval%20Coins%20Coins

I know nothing about them: more specific attributions, dates, geography, rarity, value, etc.   They seem intersting and perhaps a good topic for discussion?
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline leetoone

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Yorkshire, England
    • Lee Toone
Re: Glass Jetons
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 10:44:07 am »
To start it off, there was a previous thread here:

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?topic=36754.0

Lee

Offline mauseus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Ah Allectus, my trusted friend.......
    • Later Roman Coinage
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 10:47:03 am »
Hi,

And the British Museum catalogue of them is downloadable from Google print if you want to find out more about them.

Regards,

Mauseus

Offline Nassif

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 02:12:26 am »
I was always interested by small glass artifacts like those glass jetons or glass miniature,and i am wondering how to download the BMC Collection from Google??
regards.
Nassif

Offline mauseus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Ah Allectus, my trusted friend.......
    • Later Roman Coinage
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 03:16:30 am »
Hi,

If you go to the site http://books.google.com/books?id=kOU67E9Z7TMC&q=%22british+museum%22+glass&dq=%22british+museum%22+glass&pgis=1 you get to "Catalogue of Arabic Glass Weights in the British Museum" by Stanley Lane-Poole & Reginald Stuart Poole.

Depending on where you are (there may be copyright restrictions) there should be a "Download pdf" button to allow you to save the book to disc.

Regards,

Mauseus

Offline Nassif

• Caesar
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 08:16:54 am »
Unfortunately there is no possibility to down load on pdf the book because it's on sale...
thanks for your help
Nassif

All coins are guaranteed for eternity