Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Constantine London Mint Reference  (Read 1684 times)

Offline leetoone

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Yorkshire, England
    • Lee Toone
Constantine London Mint Reference
« on: November 18, 2008, 01:05:38 pm »
Some of you will know that I have recently produced an updated listing for the Constantinian issues of the London Mint for the period 312 to 318 AD. Essentially the first part of the period covered by RIC VII, it was recently published in the October edition of Spink’s Numismatic Circular.

It adds about 30% more types to those known when RIC VII was published and records the incidence of each type in four major hoards relating to the period.

I have sent PDF copies to those members who I thought may have an interest, but confess I have lost a couple of requests that I had previously received.

So, if you previously asked for a copy and haven’t received one, or simply would like a PDF version, please PM me with your email address and I will put a copy in the email for you.

I am now working on the period 319 to 325, again just for the London Mint and this should be ready in the spring of 2009. To help me compile this work I am desperately in need of the following reference:

Revue Belgique Numismatique cxxiii, 1977, pp.41-100 Cathy King, “Appleford Hoard”.

If anyone knows where I can obtain a copy or can provide me with an e-version, I would be most grateful. I am willing to pay a reasonable fee.

Best wishes

Lee Toone

Offline commodus

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Deceased Member
  • Caesar
Re: Constantine London Mint Reference
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 09:26:25 am »
There appears to be a copy at the Glasgow Coin Centre Library, a division of the University of Glasgow's Hunterian Museum & Art Gallery (scroll down to King, C.E.) : 
http://www.hunterian.gla.ac.uk:443/list.php?list=offprints

There also appears to be a copy at the American Numismatic Society's library

http://data.numismatics.org/cgi-bin/showlib?accnum=smp00063259
(www.numismatics.org)

Hope this helps!
Eric Brock (1966 - 2011)

Offline commodus

• Deceased Member
  • Caesar
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 10:32:03 am »
You can also get a copy directly from the Societe Royale de Numismatique de Belgique:

http://www.numisbel.be/inhoudstafel.htm

There is a link to the form to request copies and a list of their rates (7.50 Euros for the first 30 pages; 0.10 Euros for every page thereafter, plus postage.  The Appleford Hoard article is 60 pages plus 3 plates.  Some of their volumes are available directly, for free, to read over the internet.  Unfortunately, however, 1977 is not one of them.
Eric Brock (1966 - 2011)

Offline leetoone

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Yorkshire, England
    • Lee Toone
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 11:46:45 am »
Thank you commodus!

That is brilliant. Why I didn't think to look there I don't know. Mind you, none of the search engines took me there either. I will be ordering a copy "toute de suite" as they say.

Thanks again

Lee

PS I will also enjoy looking through the on-line editions  ;D

Offline leetoone

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Yorkshire, England
    • Lee Toone
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 04:54:36 am »
Thank you again commodus!

The reference arrived from Belgium this morning! Excellent service and thoroughly recommended.

Lee

Offline commodus

• Deceased Member
  • Caesar
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 12:29:43 am »
You are most welcome.
Eric Brock (1966 - 2011)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity