Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: question about "The Celator"  (Read 1528 times)

Offline casata137ec

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Trying not to screw up...one coin at a time...
question about "The Celator"
« on: December 06, 2008, 10:30:40 am »
My son wants to know what to get me for Christmas, so I was thinking maybe of a subscription to "The Celator". My question is, is it worth getting? I have never seen an issue and don't know if it is bone dry or well written, useful or a bunch of sales adds. Any info would be great!

Thanks
Chris
Salus Populi Suprema Lex Esto - Missouri 1822

My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=19691

Offline Bacchus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • http://www.diadumenian.com
    • Diadumenian
Re: question about "The Celator"
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 11:59:52 am »
It is certainly worth the subscription.  I subscribe as a "worldwide" subscriber and that is twice the price of the US one and I think it is still worth it.  Not every article in every issue is of interest but, say, 80% of the yearly articles most certainly are.

I think that even if I couldn't afford to buy a single coin all year - I'd still scrape enough to get the Celator.

Malcolm

Offline casata137ec

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 01:15:49 pm »
good enough! thanks

Chris

Offline esnible

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • gorgon coins
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 11:01:07 pm »
I subscribe.  If you are unsure if it is worth subscribing you can get a free copy.  Every issue comes with a coupon to send a free copy to a non-subscriber.  Let me know and next month I'll send in one with your name.

Probably if you write the editor (his email address can be found on the website) and tell him you want a sample issue you wouldn't even have to wait.  You can tell him I promised to use a coupon for you.

Offline casata137ec

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 09:36:50 am »
I subscribe.  If you are unsure if it is worth subscribing you can get a free copy.  Every issue comes with a coupon to send a free copy to a non-subscriber.  Let me know and next month I'll send in one with your name.

Probably if you write the editor (his email address can be found on the website) and tell him you want a sample issue you wouldn't even have to wait.  You can tell him I promised to use a coupon for you.

Not needed. I have not been steered wrong yet by you guys and I have paid far more for a pitted bronze than what the year subscription would cost. Actually Malcom's recommedation was enough for me, but with your second, the deal is sealed. I have made a link on my son's desktop to the subscription page entitled "What you can get me for Christmas"!  (I really do appreciate the offer though!!!)

Chris

Offline Run

• Consul
  • Horrible Speller & Slug King
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 01:49:54 am »
Just to add I have nearly every issue starting with the first one when it was in news paper format.

Well worth the price and back issues are easy to find as well.

Will

All coins are guaranteed for eternity