Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Help with Ant,please  (Read 697 times)

Offline Barabus

• Consul
Help with Ant,please
« on: July 27, 2008, 01:15:34 pm »
 I think this is an Ant.It is 22 mm and 3.7 g's.I guess I'm too old to be able to read the legends right.The obverse I can see IMP C as first 4 letters and SAVG as the last 4 letters,the rest is too fuzzy for me.The reverse is a man on horseback.Any help would be appreciated and thanks!
Organized religion is the second oldest profession, and nowhere near as honest as the first.

Offline Jochen

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Omnes vulnerant, ultima necat.
Re: Help with Ant,please
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 01:30:09 pm »
Hi!

Looks like Philippus I. IMP CM IVL PHILIPPVS PF AVG

Best regards

Offline Pscipio

• Tribunus Plebis 2009
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Si vis pacem, cole iustitiam
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 02:03:11 pm »
Looks like Trajan Decius to me:

Tajanus Decius Antoninianus, 249-251 AD, Rome.
Obv: IMP C M Q TRAIANVS DECIVS AVG, radiate, draped and cuirassed bust right, seen from behind.
Rev: ADVENTVS AVG, Decius on horse pacing left, raising right hand and holding short sceptre.
RIC IV, Part 3, 11b

Lars
Leu Numismatik
www.leunumismatik.com

Offline Barabus

• Consul
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 05:43:58 pm »
Pscipio,it appears you are correct.Thank you both for your attention and help.
Organized religion is the second oldest profession, and nowhere near as honest as the first.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity