Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: unknown obverse and reverse  (Read 609 times)

Offline Johnny

• Conservator Princeps, Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
unknown obverse and reverse
« on: June 22, 2008, 05:58:12 pm »
I honestly  don't have a clue to this one 

the coin itself came from an uncleaned lot,  and I am just about to go through the patina.  this pic is taken through the microscope,  and has been edited to bring out as much detail as possible

the coin itself  has a very rough , pitted green patina  and I suspect it is a imitation

it is 14 - 18 mm  (  14  obviously  being the clipped part )  and weighs 2.3 grams

OBV  ::  radiate head right...V behind bust.....I can see what looks like  CA at the start of the legend
REV  ::  A female figure ( VIRTVS  ??? ) standing facing ,  a standard on either side of her. 
EX  ::  none visible

and that's all I got on this.  I do remember seeing coins like this reverse,   but  (  and this could be due to the excessive sun I got today )  I can't remember

thanks in advance  for any help

Offline Arminius

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • carpe diem
    • Arminius-Numismatics
Re: unknown obverse and reverse
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 06:13:29 pm »

Offline Johnny

• Conservator Princeps, Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar