Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Common I think, but reverse is a question?  (Read 564 times)

Paul Adkins

Common I think, but reverse is a question?
« on: May 23, 2008, 06:15:51 pm »
I believe both of these are common, but I cannot seem to find an example of the reverse on the left coin, holding a globe? and I am not sure about the right coin, metal is breaking out but there is a little more crud, keep going? you guys are the best! Paul

Offline Steve Minnoch

• Tribunus Plebis 2007
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Re: Common I think, but reverse is a question?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 06:46:09 pm »
#1 is Constantius II
D N CONSTAN-TIVS P F AVG
SPES REI-PVBLICE, Emperor in military dress standing left holding globe and spear.

The type was introduced in/after AD 355.

Steve

Offline rick fox

• Caesar
  • Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris
Re: Common I think, but reverse is a question?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 11:14:02 pm »
IF the coin is beginning to disintegrate, it is best to stop now even though it is not cleaned all the way.
Iacta alea est  - 'The die has been cast' (Julius Caesar Jan 10, 49 BC Rubicon River, Italy)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity