Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Charles I penny. Tower mint?  (Read 1147 times)

Offline moonmoth

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • What I Like About Ancient Coins
Charles I penny. Tower mint?
« on: April 17, 2008, 10:56:01 am »
Am I right in thinking this penny has a mintmark of two pellets, indicating the Tower mint?  I can't find a decent on-line reference,  but I can find coins on sale that say this.

Thanks.

"... A form of twisted symbolical bedsock ... the true purpose of which, as they realised at first glance, would never (alas) be revealed to mankind."

Offline monty

• Consul
Re: Charles I penny. Tower mint?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 11:06:30 am »
hi, you are right a tower mint penny, i think group "A" type 1a Spink 2838.

kind regards,  monty

Offline moonmoth

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • What I Like About Ancient Coins
Re: Charles I penny. Tower mint?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 11:24:50 am »
Thanks, Monty, that's very helpful.
"... A form of twisted symbolical bedsock ... the true purpose of which, as they realised at first glance, would never (alas) be revealed to mankind."

All coins are guaranteed for eternity