Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Gordian III Antioch Pisidia  (Read 552 times)

Offline Run

• Consul
  • Horrible Speller & Slug King
Gordian III Antioch Pisidia
« on: March 26, 2008, 07:46:25 pm »
This is a recent acquisition for my Gordian collection. The reference given is one I don't have access to and there is next to no info about the reference on the web.

Name of the work is Monnaies colonials Antioch DE Piste by Aleksandr
Brzezinski. Can anyone give me any other information about this coin or a reference that may be obtainable for this coin.

I am looking for info on other die combinations, know examples and any other information for this coin.

details pl xxxiii

32 mm 23.02 g

Thanks
WIll

Offline Bamba123

• Caesar
Re: Gordian III Antioch Pisidia
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 09:02:17 am »
Looked through a lot of Antioch Pisada coins and could not find anything close, but it is a great looking coin!!!
If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1844

Offline areich

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek and Roman Coins, featuring BMC online and other books
Re: Gordian III Antioch Pisidia
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 09:12:25 am »
Attribution: BMC 100
Date: 238-244 AD
Obverse: Laureate and draped bust right
Reverse: Priestly implements
Size: 33.95 mm
Weight: 17.4 grams
Description: A large and interesting bronze with deep near black patina Ex Colosseum 1998'

Andreas
Andreas Reich

All coins are guaranteed for eternity