Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Coin Identification.. Help  (Read 574 times)

carolusalpha

Coin Identification.. Help
« on: March 23, 2008, 01:17:27 am »
Hi guys, Im a new member here in boards and I need help. Can anybody please tell me the coin that I have here, and if anybody know if this is fake or not and maybe the value of the coin. Thanks

Offline Steve Minnoch

• Tribunus Plebis 2007
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Re: Coin Identification.. Help
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 01:24:06 am »
It's a denarius of Domitian... but not an official mint product I am sure, whether it is an ancient or modern forgery I wouldn't know.  It does copy an official model, however.

IMP CAES DOMIT AVG GERM P M TR P V , laureate head right
IMP XI COS XII CENS P P, Minerva with thunderbolt and spear

Steve

Offline bpmurphy

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Re: Coin Identification.. Help
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 02:57:14 am »
Modern copy. The small R before Minerva is a maker's mark. Made from new dies as the style isn'y close to being official.

Barry Murphy

All coins are guaranteed for eternity