Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Had to zap it, No clue what it is though  (Read 600 times)

Offline JamesW

• Praetorian
Had to zap it, No clue what it is though
« on: March 20, 2008, 05:45:09 pm »
This started out as a complete green and red Crusty that i couldnt go any further on. I was using a nail to try to scratch it down to the base patina but the stuff eventually turned into a glasslike green and red Porcelain that resisted anything else i could do. I couldnt even tell there were letters on it. It had the red bd all over it. Luckily though the red bd spots ended up just being a hole in the front and the back. That stuff covered up like 50% of the front and 50% of the back so i think i was really fortunate on the image that is left of it.

This one is really giving me a hard time. Its not something that im use to seeing so mabey someone recognize the images on it. It appears to be a face on the front and a face on the back but i dont which is which or who they are. So if someone does recognize this please tell me which one of these is the front of the coin too. I cant read it. Im sorry.

Offline Steve Minnoch

• Tribunus Plebis 2007
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Re: Had to zap it, No clue what it is though
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 05:51:32 pm »

Offline JamesW

• Praetorian
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 06:15:30 pm »
Hey thanx alot. I would have never guessed that was a fruit basket......
I suppose this is it then.  http://www.wildwinds.com/coins/ric/geta/_augustaTraiana_AE17_Moushmov_3103.jpg

Thnx soso much

Offline Steve Minnoch

• Tribunus Plebis 2007
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 06:39:13 pm »
Yes... Augusta Traiana is a much better fit for the legend.

Steve

All coins are guaranteed for eternity